Thursday, August 29, 2013

styling

I've got a few clothing rules for Britton.  I've always detested glitter in any form on her clothes, mainly because it gets on everything else in the laundry.  And I won't let her wear a two-piece bathing suit or shoes with a heel or clothing with words across the butt because I'm not sexualizing a four-year-old.  One of my hard and fast rules used to be "no pajamas out of the house."  It's a downward spiral to sweat pants or slippers as shoes and maybe it's not fair to stereotype but the weirdest Wal-Mart customers are always in pajamas.  

But then it turns out that my daughter runs to get into pajamas anytime she wants to "relax" and "wind down" from her apparently stressful days of playing and napping.  And sometimes we go to the playground after dinner and she's slipped into her "something more comfortable" and it seems ridiculous for her to change back into her school clothes for a 30 minute trip to the park.

And then Britton takes this relaxed attitude towards attire to a whole new level.  She found some goofy sunglasses and put them on the unwitting baby when I wasn't looking.  And dang it all if my pajama-clothed daughter and sunglass-rocking son aren't the best dressed kids on the block!



No comments:

Post a Comment