Friday, August 2, 2013

4 years old


Britton is 4 years old today!  This morning the hubs and I left out at 5:00 am to go pick up some furniture for Jessica, and we left Britton and Barrett with Memaw.  I went to give Memaw the baby monitor and Britton was snuggled in with her in the guest bed.  I didn't mean to wake Britton, but she looked at me, half-asleep, and said, "Mommy, I'm FOUR!"  I said, "Yes, yes you are!  Happy birthday!  Now go back to sleep!"


Britton wanted to stay home from school today.  We've spent the day preparing for Britton's birthday party tomorrow.  Memaw and I have been making tons of food, and the bouncy house is supposed to be delivered in less than an hour.  This evening, we'll all go out to dinner as a family and let the waiters and waitresses sing "Happy Birthday" and we'll celebrate until Barrett deems it time to get home and get to bed.  


And at some point it will hit me that I now have a four-year-old.  A four-year-old who is smart and sassy and stubborn and fiercely independent and sensitive and has her mother's need to be right and her father's need to watch "Duck Dynasty."  

No comments:

Post a Comment