Wednesday, July 25, 2012

idle hands...

We are still hurrying up to wait, wait out the never-ending mortgage process and waiting to get into our house.  So of course, to pass the time, I've been shopping for the house.  We changed our pillows for the family room, and hit up Pier 1 to get lighter and brighter pillows, though still in the same color scheme.


I've also had time to think about our new master bathroom. As it stands now, the master bathroom is a sea of blah white. The tiles on the floor are 4 inch white squares, the vanity is white formica, and the toilet is tiny. Functionally, it doesn't need changes because everything works. But aesthetically it doesn't cut it. So we're planning to have it remodeled this winter. Our must-haves? Take the shower unit out and put in real tile, new floor, new vanity, and a claw foot tub. I've always wanted a claw foot tub, and this is my chance! Also, the chimney runs through the bathroom, so I'm going to look into having the drywall removed and exposing the brick, if possible.

Of course, renovations would be months away, but I need to put my ornery mind to use!  And planning has always given me a sense of control.  I'm crossing my fingers we can close early, and I can go ahead and use this energy to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment