Tuesday, July 17, 2012

designing my little heart out

If I channel all my energy into what the house will look like, I don't have to think about our house inspection tomorrow morning.  I know how hard it was to mentally move out of the last house, so I don't know why I'm putting myself in the same position again, but I am. When I scheduled the home inspection, Carla asked me how soon I wanted it. I told her as soon as possible, so that I didn't have to wait to fall in love with the house.

 Too late.

 The hub and I drive by it on his lunch break every day. We don't stop, and we don't lurk (too much), and we spend the drive back talking about what we're going to do to it. Because our last two houses were new construction, and we could never justify changing them. This house we get to make OURS. And remember those curtains from Pier 1 for the living room? They don't exist in Pennsylvania, so my mom in Virginia and my mother-in-law in Ohio each tracked down two panels for me! I'm so excited, because dang it all I really really really wanted those curtains. Note to Pier 1: get some online shopping already! And you know how I found them? I was checking out a tutorial on making your own built-in bookcases with IKEA Billy bookcases, and they were in the tutorial:


Yes, I am making my own built-in bookcases. If the hub will help me. Anywho, here are my design boards for Britton's room and the master bedroom. Britton's room won't change, other than the wall color (from green to pink) and curtain color (from pink to purple). The paint is "Pink Peony" by Benjamin Moore.

And in the master, we are painting the walls "Wheeling Neutral" by Benjamin Moore (we painted our first house in this color) and putting in navy curtains with white sheers. The bedding is Pottery Barn "Sienna Paisley" and has navy in it.  We've had that bedding for two years now, and let me tell you - I don't get tired of it.  It always makes me think of Christmas.  The furniture and wall pictures will stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment