Sunday, April 10, 2011

she's a tervis

Don't know what a Tervis is? It is the absolute best tumbler you can buy. Hands down. The cup will not break or sweat rings all over your wood table, either of which offense will get you ten minutes of my silent treatment and stink eye. But beyond my not-so-clever play on words is Britton's new world of tumbling. Seriously. And I don't know where she learns it, unless it is the "Stretch and Grow!" class at daycare, but I think that's only every other week. Anywho, she is very into the somersault and general showings off of her extreme flexibility. And of course looking through her legs at her upside down world.

This is how it started out - just throwing her hands to the ground and rolling over to the floor. But Britton has become more daring, and is now doing a full-on somersault.



The hub was assisting Britton with her flips, as he calls them, and she was just so excited to show off her newest moves. It is an odd phenomenom to both the hub and I that Britton just throws out these skills and we're both left assuming the other taught her along the way. But we didn't.




I had to include this photo because I found it absolutely mesmerizing. The thing is, this picture looks nothing like what I think Britton looks like. Truly doing a double-take of your own child.



She loves tumbling. I wish I had been the one to teach her because she gets such a kick out of it. I have to find her a class somewhere close to take, but I imagine at twenty months old she might be too young for a class. For now, we're just helping her with flips and keeping her on the thick carpet.



Peek a boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment