Friday, April 29, 2011

color my world

Or is it "Colour My World"? As in what I believe was my prom theme, but I can't be sure until I dig out the dust-covered completely not age-appropriate wine glass memento handed out on the way out of prom. In other colors, Britton has always been into coloring. But when she gets a hand on some markers, the creativity extends to her body. She colors her arms and hands, drags it across her face, marks her shirt with such an innocent look I can't be mad. That's why Crayola makes them washable.






And then the hub and I got on our own color kick. Our house is very open, few rooms separated by actual walls that to add wall color is a challenge. But to not have color isn't an option because bland boring walls make my eyeballs itch. We use the same Benjamin Moore colors over and over again - Wheeling Neutral, Copley Grey, Phillipsburg Blue, and Beach Glass because they are tried and true and we love them. Britton's room is Potpouri, and another green we've used is Brookside Moss. If it works, stick with it. So we pulled out some Beach Glass and Grandma and I painted the breakfast nook.

Before:



After:


Devious curved corners which made edging so hard I was on the brink of an eye twitch:



The dining room (which is housing the playhouse currently and will never be used as a dining room because I will find a way to get a baby grand piano) is next....

No comments:

Post a Comment