Wednesday, October 28, 2009

they say it's your birthday

I'm 31 today. I almost forgot it was my birthday. It's funny how as a kid you count the days down, but as an adult it creeps up on you. My sister and I always had costume parties, seeing how close our birthday was to Halloween. Seeing these parents on MTV spend thousands on their children's birthday parties, hiring rappers and gifting them Hummers - it is ridiculous. Homemade costumes, good food, and family is all you really need!

We are very excited that the hub's mom is coming this weekend to share Britton's first Halloween with us! The hub and I are dressing up Saturday and going out to dinner, the first date we've had since she was born. And my mom is coming to visit the week after, when we'll probably do some early Christmas shopping. And of course I'll load up on naps!

There have been some changes here, changes that I'll save for another post when I have the time to really sit down and write well. But don't worry - these changes are for the better, and will help me become stronger as a mom and a wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment