Sunday, September 27, 2009

the weekend visit

On Friday I picked up some medicine for Britton, and her gas problems are really no longer a problem. She still gets gas, as all babies do, but it doesn't put her into screaming fits anymore. Plus I think she was having problems with dairy, and me living off of chicken, rice, and potatoes has helped her as well. I'll start adding foods in this week.

While the hub's away, his parents will play! The hub's parents came to visit this weekend, and brought much-needed reinforcement. Britton was entranced by them, cooing and smiling and being all-around well-behaved. As we are waiting to see what Britton decides to call them, I will refer to the hub's parents as Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa, after hearing about me locking myself out (and Britton in) of the house last week and going hysterical, bought a garage door keypad so it won't happen again. As well, I am also trading keys with my neighbor Missy as even more insurance. Grandpa also bought Britton a heater, as Grandma noticed that Britton loved her bath, but not the cool temperature we keep the house. Especially when she is wet! We warmed that bathroom up to a balmy 85 degrees, and Britton was all smiles in her bath. And she of course got treated to her warmed towel and massage afterwards.

We had a fantastic time, and I really couldn't have asked for a better weekend. When I was born, only one of my grandmothers was alive, and no grandfathers. So, I missed out on what my friends described when they went to visit their grandparents - the spoiling, the unconditional loving, the absolute joy that the grandchild brings to the grandparents. But I got to see it this weekend, and I feel so lucky that Britton will have a great relationship with her grandparents.





No comments:

Post a Comment