Wednesday, September 2, 2009

one month old



Yes, the only things she inherited from me were my long feet and dark blue eyes...


Britton and I ventured out to Target on her one month birthday. I was so proud of both of us: me for using the shopping cart to hold the car seat for the first time, and her for not crying, even when the obnoxious brat behind us threw a fit because he didn't want to share the Twix with his mom. She stirred, but then Britton called shenanigans and farted. Good girl! We did pick up a double headrest since every time Britton is in her carseat her head falls in extreme angles and sends the hub's blood pressure skyrocketing. He spends the car ride in the backseat with her, adjusting her head and checking her breathing. Hopefully this new gadget will help, and also enable her to use her swing (where her head falls at weird angles too).

We are cooking a fabulous birthday dinner tonight - shrimp scampi with linguine, caprese salad, and cheddar garlic biscuits (a.k.a. "Red Lobster biscuits"). And if Britton cooperates this afternoon I'll also make brownies.

We had a rough day yesterday. Everything was normal until around 2:00 p.m. when it seemed Britton just wasn't getting satisfied when feeding. She spent from 3:00 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. yesterday on the boob, and when the hub got home from work I asked him to warm a bottle for her. After the bottle she went to sleep for about thirty minutes, then back up all evening. Whenever I would take away the boob she would do what I call "baby bird" - eyes wide, shoving her fist in her mouth, and gasping. She stayed on for so long that I didn't get to pump much, and by her 11:00 p.m. bottle my expressed milk from the day was gone. It was the first time we had to defrost my frozen supply.

And there was another first last night. Around 8:00 p.m., she had the blow out of blow outs, actually getting poo on her boppy chair! It was a first for us as far as blow outs that left the diaper, and I immediately grabbed the stain stick. And then she decided that since she was declining in behavior, why not just let us have it? We put her down at 11:30 p.m., and she got up three times (she never gets up after going down for the night). By 12:45 a.m. she was finally asleep. Trying to make it up to me, she slept in until 6:30 a.m.

So, two "firsts" that Dr. Sears and the other "child experts" never mentions concerning one month milestones!

Never one to steal just one good idea (you'll remember I stole her heart hand picture), I "borrowed" this idea from Rachel and got some one month pictures of Britton. The hub donated his Disney meerkat to the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment