Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas fun at school

Britton has had "themed" Christmas days all last week into this week, including "Pajama Day" for the Polar Express movie, "Crazy Hat Day," and the like.  On Monday they had "Gingerbread House Day," when the parents went into the school to help our first graders make, you guessed it, gingerbread houses.  The kids were so excited to come into the cafeteria and claim their parent!  I must remember these times, when years from now Britton pretends to not see me when I show up at her school.  


The kids frosted milk cartons, then covered them in graham crackers.  Then it was a sugar bonanza, with everyone covering their houses in candy, cereal, candy canes, and marshmallows.



Then today was "Grinch Day," where the kids were encouraged to dress up as "Whos from Whoville."  Britton's teacher referenced the Jim Carrey version of the movie, but we had never seen it, so we watched last weekend.  Ugh - two hours of my life I'll never get back!  But at least it gave us some fun ideas for Britton's get-up. 


 I bought the tree headband, and Britton got to use the hot glue gun (first of many times, I'm sure!) to add to it.  The kids were encouraged to get crazy with their hair and hats!  


No comments:

Post a Comment