Tuesday, December 8, 2015

barrett: 31 months old



I'll be honest - I meant to take Barrett's picture yesterday.  I did.  The hubs even attempted to get a picture earlier in the day, but Barrett would have none of it.  Then I was going to try after bath, but I forgot.  Seriously, if it's not written down somewhere, I'll forget in a heartbeat.  So our pictures are a day late, but in the grand scheme, that's good enough for me!

Barrett's language has just exploded recently!  He is saying so many new words, identifying new pictures in his book (when did he figure out the word "rooster"?  And learn to say "cock-a-doodle-do"?).  He loves his picture books, pointing to every picture and saying the animal and sound.  If the book has a tractor, Barrett is all over it.  


This sweet boy is in his hitting phase, which usually comes with the development of language.  It goes the same as it did for Britton - Barrett gets frustrated, and he hits due to that frustration.  We call him out on it, and help him find ways to communicate even if he doesn't have the words.  I'm apt to say, "Just point to it Barrett!  Just show me!"  At least he feels badly about the hitting - I'm banking on this being a short-lived phase, so help me!


Likes:  art (on the LeapPad, painting, crayons, anything), Play-Doh and Play Sand, building blocks, swinging

Dislikes:  being woken up, getting pajamas on



No comments:

Post a Comment