Saturday, May 23, 2015

day squared: mothers and memorial

In an effort to not spoil the surprises, I didn't share these other lined zippered pouches when I showed you the ones I made the teachers.  These were for the "moms" in my life, who all came here for Barrett's birthday.

For my mom, the lover of all things purple, I went with this beautiful floral I used on the back of Ben's baby quilt, and a lavender gingham and zipper.


For Jessica, who is a mom but just not my mom, and a lover of cute prints and retro style, I used some cherry print chambray, a large red gingham for the lining (from the backing of Gigi's placemats), and a bright green zipper.


And for Memaw, lover of all things vintage and cute and gingham and polka dotted, a miniature Dresden plate with seafoam gingham lining (from her placemats), and a bright blue zipper.  The Dresden plate was a tiny 5.5 inches!



And for a treat for myself, and a nod to Memorial Day and the 4th of July, a new wreath.  I spied this wreath in the "Country Door" catalogue, and knew I wanted it badly.  I also figured I could make it myself with a grapevine wreath form and a quick trip to the Joanns floral section (it's like I never venture out of the fabric section).  


It turned out pretty good!  Not as full as the original, but I did hit up Joanns during a 60% off sale for all florals, so it saved me a ton to make it myself.  And it's proudly on the door this weekend as we celebrate Memorial Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment