Monday, May 4, 2015

get your placemats here!


Remember those placemats I made Gigi?  Memaw wanted some too, and I jumped on it. PawPaw got Memaw a new Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas, so I tried to match the same seafoam color as her mixer.  I love the colors of these placemats.  I went with the same pattern, but made them bigger (15" by 17") which resulted in a smaller gingham border on each side.


I just straightline stitched them in the ditch, which created a nice large grid pattern.  I lucked out on the backing!  I was wandering Joanns because I had to pick up Insul-Bright (a batting used in placemats and pot holders that has heat protection).  I wandered through the aisles, and this RV camping fabric was right in front of me.  The color was perfect for the placemats, and better yet, the motif was perfect for Memaw and PawPaw!


And seeing as this is about placemats for Memaw, there's no way I can leave out the gratuitous photos of her adorable grandkids!



No comments:

Post a Comment