Sunday, November 2, 2014

63 months old


What do I say about this little girl who refuses, despite my pleadings, to stop growing up?  She's got a loose tooth, and that thing is holding on by a thread.  Can she really be old enough to have loose teeth? Britton is sometimes frustrating, as all kids are, and I honestly want to lose my mind when she refuses to go get socks because they are all the way upstairs.  But then she turns around and hands Barrett the toy she's playing with, simply because he's being a pill about it.  I love when she does that - when she's better than she has to be, when she gives more than I expect.


Britton has been "trying on" food preferences.  One day she decided she doesn't like milk anymore, another day she declared she doesn't like noodles.  We keep feeding them all the same thing as usual - Britton is more than aware that in our house, you eat what you like, but there's not more options than what was made.  I feel like my mom every time I say, "This isn't a restaurant!"  It's funny - more and more these days I hear myself say things, then realize that I sound like a real adult, a mom, a person in charge.  It's ridiculously jarring.


Britton's last soccer practice is this Saturday, and her first Daisy troop meeting is this Thursday.  The cold weather is coming, and it's coming fast, so I'm hoping to come up with some brilliant plan about keeping these kids entertained and active in the winter.  I'm all ears for suggestions!


This weekend Britton had two birthday parties to attend - one was an art party and the other was a dance party.  Here is Britton modeling her (ever-so-slightly-too-small-because-I'm-not-buying-a-new-leotard-for-a-party-that-she-won't-wear-again) leotard and leg warmers.  So serious, so poised.  




Likes:  building train tracks, playing with Legos, going to the library for new books, hearing stories about me and Aunt Jessica when we were kids, art

Dislikes:  being made to change out of her "comfy pajamas," drinking milk (unless it's chocolate milk)

Dislikes:

No comments:

Post a Comment