Wednesday, November 5, 2014

the tooth fairy is coming to town!


Britton lost her first tooth tonight!  That poor tooth has been holding on for dear life, and the constant movement left Britton's gum purple and swollen.  But she could not get that tooth to let go.  At dinner, the hubs mentioned that PawPaw had tied a string around the hubs' loose teeth to get them out.  I countered that my dad had simply tricked me by pretending to want to see how loose my teeth were, then just yanking them out of my mouth!  The anticipation was much worse than the actual removal - I never felt a thing.  And we decided, telepathically of course, to try the same course of action on Britton.


The hubs got a hold of that tooth, and it fell into his hand.  Britton was so relieved to have it out and not causing her anymore discomfort.  Plus, she now gets a visit from the Tooth Fairy!  Let me tell you what - her classmates are not helping out on that front.  One girl got $20 for her tooth.  Another kid got a stack of toys.  To reset Britton's expectation, I mentioned that while normally the Tooth Fairy leaves a quarter, maybe Britton would get "a whole dollar" for her first tooth.  Luckily, I happen to have $5 in my wallet, so that should just excite her to no end!


Here's the tooth, next to Winnie so you can see just how tiny that thing is.  Luckily, we had previously bought Britton a little tooth-shaped box for her to put her tooth in underneath her pillow, because I can't imagine (I mean, imagine for the Tooth Fairy, of course) how someone could even find that thing in the dark, trying desperately to not wake up Britton with my swearing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment