Friday, November 14, 2014

a great daisy



Sometimes Britton will watch "Max and Ruby." Oh, the voices irritate me to no end, but there is a storyline Britton loves where Ruby is in a "Bunny Scout Troop."  So, Britton asked if there are Bunny Scout Troops in real life.  Nope, but there are Girl Scout troops!

I sent in the interest form and waited.  And then I got contacted that they were forming a new Daisy troop in our town, and seven girls had signed up.  But........wait for it........they didn't have a leader. No one would do it.  And Britton looked all sad that maybe there wouldn't a troop.  So, I volunteered.  Jessica assured me it would be a lot of crafts and quite easy, and I decided to just go for it.


I may have gotten a little excited.  I hit up the uniform shop like it was going out of style!  I was instantly transported back to when I was a Brownie, eons and eons ago, and how exciting it was to earn patches and do crafts.  Britton wanted the vest (there's also a tunic now) and the skirt, and I may or may not (I totally did) get the beanie.  


Anyone remember the Girl Scout Promise?  I couldn't believe that I did remember!  And it was a little surreal teaching it to (now up to) nine little girls, including my own.  


Britton was really excited for our first meeting.  I didn't want to give away all the surprises, just because she happens to live with her leader!  I got all the girls blue daisies and tied on their troop number patches.  The girls, and their moms (and one dad), were so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment