Sunday, October 19, 2014

yinzered out


I've felt incredibly ridiculously busy for the last two weeks.  Did I mention I'm Britton's Daisy troop's leader now?  And I found out today that I've got a meeting at 7:30 pm on Tuesday night, which will be a nice ending to the two parent-teacher conferences I have to go to at 5:00 pm.  It's stuff like that.  

And I've completed some great sewing projects, none of which I can share because they are either Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, or Halloween costumes (I made one for each kid this year).  And we did our Christmas card photo, and again, it's too early to share it.

See this photo below?  That's life right now!  The hubs is giving a thumbs up to his clay turd, Barrett is trying to reach something he shouldn't have (and will eat), Britton is being sweet as sunshine, I'm behind the camera and laughing at the clay turd, and no doubt all those sandwich bags on the table means we're out and no one put them on the grocery list.  


But seriously folks, have you tried this Model Magic clay?  Fantastic!  


So by last night, the hubs wanted a break from it all.  And he also badly wanted to go to a hockey game.  He found good tickets and invited his dad to go, which is fine by me.  I have a phobia of the puck hitting me in the head (I know, I know, it makes no logical sense), and with Memaw here the kids would be entertained.  A win win!  The hubs and PawPaw had a great time (Penguins won!) and brought back some loot for the kids.  

Did you know that people from Pittsburgh are called "Yinzers"?  It comes from the slang of "yinz" as in, "Yinz going to the Steelers game?"  My Virginia background would say it as "Are you guys going to the Steelers game?"  But there's also "youz guys" (New York or Jersey) and "yunz" (hillbilly and/or South).  I admit, when I hear someone start off a question with "Yinz..." my toes curl.  The word is downright abrasive to my ears.  So when Britton got into her Steelers shirt, and Barrett put on his Penguins sweater and sweatpants, and then stole Britton's hockey stick, all I could hear was "YINZ."


I've yinzed my kids.  Next stop is a big plate of potato perogies covered in french fries (it is standard for salads to come with french fries on them) and converting to Catholicism.


Except.... how sweet do these kids look in their black and gold?  Honestly, have you seen cuter yinzers?  Somehow a little of those three polluted rivers in the confluence seeped into our souls and  


No comments:

Post a Comment