Tuesday, October 7, 2014

barrett: 17 months old


That happy boy is now 17 months old!  Not two seconds before I started taking his monthly picture, the hubs asked me if I knew the sign said "14 months old." Ummmmm.....no, no I didn't.  And I didn't have time to go reprint, so that "14" is now covered up with a mailing label, and I wrote in "17."  Sneaky sneaky!

Barrett got his first real correction today, and man, he did not like it one bit!  Barrett was pushing the little chair from their little chair and table set over, so that it would fall back onto the floor.  I told him "no," but he did it again.  I said "no" again, and somehow I expected some different action on his part.  Amateur hour over here!  Of course he kept on.  So I got down on his level, repeated "no" and added "stop," then took the chair to the dining room.  Oh, that poor lip got pushed out so far it nearly got stuck!  I'm not a big stickler on kids snapping to my orders, but on the other hand, I don't want to stand over Barrett saying "no" 500 times without consequences.   


And yep, as you can see, he got over it. He always does.  Barrett had an ear infection last week, and a marathon vomiting session this weekend (after he throws up once, he keeps going), but he just snuggled into me and took the day a little easier.  The hubs and I always say that he wants to be good, and it's the truth.  And while some things he does are testing and annoying, like dumping any and every toy basket, he's doing it because (1) that basket had it coming, (2) how else do you find out what's in the basket?  He's exploring his world, and he's figuring out more and more every day.  Barrett's disposition, his "default setting," is to be happy.  


Likes:  reading books before bed, being outdoors at all times, running after Britton, coloring, dancing to music

Dislikes:  getting his diaper changed

No comments:

Post a Comment