Tuesday, October 28, 2014

happy birthday to me (and Jessica)

It's odd, having children who get more excited with every birthday.  And then there's me, who gets less interested in my own birthday every year!  I had a great day - the hubs took me to lunch, I received two cakes, one from the hubs and one from work, and yet...I was oddly neutral about the whole birthday thing.  I thought maybe I'd be angry, sad, possibly even melodramatic about turning 36.  But really, I'm not.  I can only assume that this calmness comes from my old age!


I love that the hubs made me 10 years younger!  I cracked up the minute I saw this cake.  There are six different kinds of cake in the cake - pumpkin roll torte, pumpkin cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate peanut butter, raspberry cheesecake, and key lime pie.  

Britton was excited about my birthday, because well, it's a birthday!



Every party has a pooper.  Poor Barrett just can't let Mommy eat her cake without needing a warm lap to kick back in.  


Half my life ago, at 18 years old (and can I just say, how does 18 years blow by so quickly?), I'd be out all night drinking and partying and reveling in general debauchery.  Now, a mere 18 years later, I'm celebrating with the hubs's grilled burgers and a beaded necklace gifted by my daughter.  Just remind me in another 18 years that I once called 36 "old"!

No comments:

Post a Comment