Sunday, June 29, 2014

my sew easy week

Britton comes home tomorrow, and I'm so ready to see her!  Memaw and Britton called the other night to check in, and Britton just sounded so excited.  She loved staying in the new RV (she has her own bunk, she told me proudly) and swam in the pool every day, and even snuck in a visit to Disney World.  Memaw and PawPaw always have such a great time with their grandkids, and they are so good with both of them that I never worried the entire time Britton was gone.  Instead, I focused my time and attention on two things:  Barrett and sewing!

This boy was a bundle of energy this weekend!  And with some new molars coming in, he refused a couple of naps too, which made for a grumpy and whiny mess.  Luckily, he can be easily distracted with the water table and throwing the ball back and forth.  And since he's in bed every night between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm, I had a lot of extra time to give to other endeavors.  First and foremost - "to-do"s that needed to get to-done, and the fact that Britton's birthday is only a month away hit me like a ton of bricks on Friday.  I got Britton's birthday bash reserved at the local ball pit/carney ride hot spot, possibly copyright-infringed Etsy "Frozen" invitations ordered and printed, and her birthday cake ordered!  


And I made a second I-Spy ABC quilt, this one for the PIA auction (more on that here) next year.  It's not completed (I just got the top finished) so I'll finish it up when the auction gets closer.  It was a much easier quilt the second time around!  I did five or six letters per night, and I don't think the hubs minded having the television all to himself while I was in the basement sewing.  


I'm also making a tailgating tote bag for the auction, and snagged this bandana WVU fabric off of Etsy.  I love love love collegiate bandana fabric, so I couldn't pass this up.


Before Britton left, she asked me if she could please get a 4th of July dress.  So, while she was gone, I went out looking for one.  Ugh, what a smack down!  First, I had trouble even finding 4th of July clothing for girls.  Babies, sure - there were tons of options.  But for girls, not so much, and the one dress I did find at Target wasn't in her size.  I went online, but that just turned into a beating.  So, what do I do when I can't find a dress?  I make one!  Or, in this case, a skirt, because I couldn't pass up this sequined red-white-and-blue star shirt.  The fabric was on sale at JoAnn, and has metallic threads to make the stars.  Because the metallic thread was a little scratchy on the back, I lined the skirt with thin muslin.  I made the skirt really full, so it'll twirl, because a girl needs to twirl!  This is an easy skirt pattern (did the same one for Caroline's skirt) so it took me less than an hour to get the skirt completed.  


Let me share this quick story - tonight I couldn't find Sadie.  So I went searching for her, since it's odd for her to not be trying to get into my lap or snuggling on the couch with the hubs.  I checked my room, the guest room (really, anywhere with pillows is a good guess), and on my way downstairs in a full-on panic, I glanced into Britton's room.  And saw this....


Sadie doesn't usually go into Britton's room.  I mean, other than to revenge pee or when I'm reading to Britton and a thunderstorm is putting Sadie into nervous convulsions.  I don't know the last time she ever got into Britton's bed.  And yet, there she was, sleeping (until I interrupted her with my bright flash), and I suspect, missing her Britton.  

No comments:

Post a Comment