Monday, June 23, 2014

"only child" week



Memaw and PawPaw decided to go to Florida for a week, and asked if Britton wanted to go with them.  Of course she did, so the hubs and I get the not-so-common experience of turning our second-born into our only child, at least for a week!  While we miss Britton and the house has been considerably quieter, we get to give Barrett 100% of our undivided attention.  And boy, does he love that!


And then we just got silly, tickling and playing and putting on headbands!


Check out those curls!  I can't bring myself to cut his hair.


I remember when we had just Britton, and how the hubs and I thought a child was so much work.  Ha!  Wasn't the joke on us!  And really, two children isn't overwhelming, so having just one has been a vacation.  With Barrett's 6:30 pm bedtime, the hubs and I have hours of free time every night.  We're catching up on television shows in the queue, I finished Britton's birthday quilt, and I have fabric ready for a fancy 4th of July skirt for Britton too.   But in between, there will be tons of snuggling with this little boy, who is loving being the center of attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment