Tuesday, September 10, 2013

rolling and reading

This morning, Barrett rolled onto his side and I remembered all day that I needed to put it into his baby book.  So this evening, while Barrett was on his playmat, I snuck into the living room real quick to write it down.  And what does Britton yell from the family room?  "Mom!  Barrett is on his tummy!  He rolled over!"  

I ran back into the family room and yep, there he was on his tummy when just seconds ago I had left him on his back!  Ironically, by trying to commemorate his rolling, I missed the actual complete roll over.  Maybe I'll catch the second roll?  


And, totally unrelated, but something I found incredibly interesting - I read an article that said that only 30% of kids these days get read to by their parents.  The researchers found that television and video games have taken over book time, and some parents have just lost interest in reading to their kids.  Reading this made me incredibly sad.  I know how much Britton loves having books read to her.  So I've stopped whining about reading her the same books every night.  Sometimes I just need a little perspective, you know?

Maybe I can talk Mom into 10 books tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment