Monday, September 30, 2013

"autumn and fall are two words for the same season"

"Autumn and fall are two words for the same season." That's how Britton explained fall to me. "Why is it called 'fall,' Mommy?" "Because the leaves fall, Britton."

It's my favorite season, actually my favorite moment of the year when it's just nippy enough that you need a jacket. Leaves changing color, piles of fallen leaves in the yard for jumping into, pumpkins and corn stalks and JoAnn's scare crows decorating porches - this is my dress rehearsal for Christmas. And I love every minute of it.

So when I heard that Soergel's, our local apple orchard/nursery/farmer's market was having a Fall Festival, and Britton asked to go back to their Butterfly House, it seemed easy enough to head out there on a Saturday afternoon and soak up all the fall goodness. Fresh pressed apple cider? Check. Pumpkins as far as the eye can see? Check. Pumpkin donuts? Heck yeah. I was expecting a leisurely stroll around the grounds, a quick duck into the Butterfly House, then a plop on the bench with my hot cider and pumpkin donut. I was not expecting this...



Seems this place is quite popular in the fall! Crowds of people everywhere. But we were already there, so we went ahead with our lunch and fun plans. First stop? Hotdogs and roasted corn...


Barrett hung out in his stroller and eventually fell asleep. Oh, how I envied him - getting pushed around in gorgeous fall weather while he dozed!



Britton lost interest in the Butterfly House once she saw the bouncy slide. And the bouncy house. And the pumpkin blow-up house. She had to do them all. And get some cotton candy. The hubs and I gave up on buying cider and a pumpkin when we saw how crowded the check-out areas were. But I did get a chance to sneak inside and get some pumpkin ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment