Monday, June 11, 2012

moving on out


We have had a VERY LONG WEEK!  The hub and I flew out to Pennsylvania last Wednesday through Saturday to check out our temporary housing, find a daycare for Britton, find a bank for us, and set up all the little things that fill up our to-do list.  We did find a great daycare, which is a huge relief.  Memaw flew out to stay with Britton, as this was the kind of trip she would not enjoy at all!  

On Sunday morning, bright and early, Britton decided she wanted her toenails and fingernails painted like Memaw.  I figured, why not?  So sparkly pink toes and fingers she got!




Then the hub and I drove Britton and Memaw to the airport, and Memaw took Britton home with her.  This was a huge relief to us, and made it possible to stage the house, get the carpets cleaned, meet with the realtor, have my car shipped, and pack the U-Haul without ever having to stop.  Plus, now Britton doesn't have to ride with us for the 21 HOUR DRIVE we embark on tomorrow!

We got back from the airport and instantly started cleaning and clearing out.  We worked for fourteen straight hours Sunday night, until we finally gave up at 2:30 a.m.  

Here are the befores of the family room:




And the afters...



I switched out the black and white family pictures above the couch with scientific horticulture photos I got out of a $5 book I got at the antique mall.  We moved all of Britton's toys out, and her table is coming with us.  It just makes the whole space look so much bigger.

Then to Britton's room.  No before pictures because I forgot to take them, but we are taking her bed, so we put her crib back up.  After it pulls staging duty here, it is going to live with Jessica and my soon-to-be newest nephew!  I hung my parade baby girl quilt on the crib, and put in a small table next to her chair.  See those dark stains on the front of the chair?  I noticed them in a photo, and it turns out they are from my jeans wearing against the chair when I rock Britton as we read at night.  Weird!



The realtor suggested I put this sign next to Britton's vinyl tree.  It just states that the tree is not painted on, and that the vinyl decal can be removed without damage to the paint underneath.  That way if someone doesn't want a tree in their room, they won't discount the house because they don't want any work.  I may have some smart ass things to say about that, but I'll zip my lip and just hope it sells quickly!


Our trash guys are going to HATE us!  


Our U-Haul trailer.  Ready for 1400 miles of cross-country driving, at least I hope it is!  We had to get it so that our stuff would be secure along the drive.  


Our carpet cleaner guy actually noticed the realtor putting up the sign first!  He even said he saw people slowing down.  We are hoping hoping hoping we sell quickly.  Hmmm, have I mentioned that yet?  I know, I know.  Luckily, my flowers decided to cooperate, and everything is in bloom and just beautiful.  



Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment