Sunday, June 17, 2012

in limbo conundrum

We are officially "moved in" to our temporary housing. Now, we didn't have a lot of choice for our temporary housing, mainly because we required something furnished. I've long heard that you can't sell an empty house, so we knew we had to stage the house with our furniture. So, long story short, we are living in a two-bedroom hotel room. All 744 square feet of it.

 Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining about my diamond shoes being too tight or my wallet being too small for my hundreds. I know that we're lucky to get temporary housing covered while our house sells, and I'm thankful to not paying rent on top of a mortgage. But the fact still remains, small is small and we're stepping on each other and can't move without bumping into something or someone.  And at night the hub and I lay on our bed to watch tv at the lowest possible level, and speak in near-whispers, so we don't wake Britton.  It feels like she can hear every move we make.  Check it out...

 

Britton's room.  We had them move out the queen size bed, and we brought her bed with us.  In the throws of exhaustion from the staging and moving, we also packed the box spring we don't use with her bed.  I don't know why we moved it 1400 miles to put it back under her bed.  


Our room.  Notice the sewing machine that I guarantee will never get used while we are here, the dry cleaning that needs to be dry cleaned, and the stack of suitcases beside the dresser.  And the door handle at the bottom right?  Yes, we're pretending to hide all this stuff behind the door.


The kitchen.  It is supplied, but with so few plates and glasses that we run the dishwasher every day out of necessity.  Full size fridge is nice, and I have actually made dinner in this kitchen!  Of course, no one else can be in the kitchen at the same time.


Here is Britton, just wiped out.  We have a pool (yay!) and have been in it every day since we've been here.  Britton LOVES the pool so much, that today it just tore out her little heart to leave it.   She has adjusted well,  admittedly much better than me.  She starts her new daycare tomorrow, the hub starts his new job, and supposedly we will get some kind of routine that vaguely resembles the one we've always known.  


Don't want to jinx the house, but we've had five showings as of this evening.  I jump every time the email chime goes off on my phone, or if the phone rings.  I know it's been less than a week, but we just need it to be sold already so we can move on and find a house here.  And once we actually find a house here (to rent or to buy) it needs to be after the Texas house is under contract so we can move the furniture out.  And the moving company has informed me that scheduling a move over the summer will take over a month.  So I think we're living in the hotel longer than we hope we will. Mommy's hitting the mini-bar again!

No comments:

Post a Comment