Wednesday, August 10, 2011

calendar quilt

I've already begun Britton's third year quilt because I'm motivated by all the cute holiday fabrics I've found. I decided to do a sampler quilt, where each block was not only a different pattern, but themed for that month. When I finish I'm going to embroider the month in the middle square of each block. This will be my biggest quilt so far (about a double bed I think). January and February are missing because the cute winter fabrics, besides Christmas, aren't out yet. But that's fine, because that will give me a fun project when it's too cold to go outside. I've had to buy little fabric, as I only get a 1/4 of a yard of themed fabric, and use my scraps for the rest!

The quilt starts with August, Britton's birth month. Thus, the "happy birthday" fabric...



September is for going back to school, and in our family - our annual Disney vacation!



October - how can you not love Halloween?



November - not much choice in the Thanksgiving department, but I thought this fabric had beautiful colors without being too dark



December - of course, Christmas, the hub's favorite holiday ever...



I love love love this vintage Santa fabric!



March - St. Patrick's Day and green...



April showers...



I would use this fabric to cover my entire house if the hub would let me, it's that cute...



May flowers. By far the most involved block...



June - watermelons. Memaw found this fabric, and it's a good possibility I squealed in delight...



4th of July...



Of course, more pictures in the months to come on the progress of this very involved project!






No comments:

Post a Comment