Thursday, August 4, 2011

britton: 1, potty: 0

Britton used the potty at home today FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! We've kept it in the family room for months now. She'll claim she has to potty, pull it out, sit on it, so cutely put her hands on her knees - but she never potties. She does, however, jump up triumphantly every time she sits on it screaming, "I potty! I potty!" And the hub and I congratulate her, even if there's not a drop for miles.

Well, tonight she declared her need to potty, sat on the potty, and nothing. Then, sans pull-up, she ran behind the couch and announced that she had "pottied behind the couch!" I checked, certain she was just telling fishing stories again, and lo and behold she did pee behind the couch! She went over to her potty, sat on it, and then got up. She again announced that she had pottied, and we checked the potty - pee!!! High-fives all around, and the hub ran to get the cameras for memorializing the occasion.

After careful cropping, the only proud-I-went-potty picture I could post. See, she's not exactly dressed from the shirt down!



The potty full of pee. Such a sight to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment