Monday, July 18, 2011

my little guppie

Britton is very drawn to water of any kind - the pool, puddles, the bath, you name it. So it was no surprise to us how much she would love the pool at Memaw and Paw Paw's place. Now, Britton tends to want to do "weekend" things on weekdays. And when she starts the morning with, "Go to park!" I have to break her spirit and remind her we have to go to school, but won't that be fun too? Yeah, I know, I hear it in my own head. And she'll start in the car with, "No pool! No water! No pool! No water!" because she knows we're not going to the pool and maybe I just need the reminder.

So we try and fill the weekends with stuff she likes, like going to the park and to the pool. And this weekend was no exception. The hub and Britton went to the park Saturday morning while I got my hair chopped off (yes Mom, more than a trim - at least 8 inches). Then Sunday morning we went to the pool. Let me tell you - it has been over 100 degrees for THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT. I need to be submerged in a body of water like I need air. And I think Britton is catching on to this.



No comments:

Post a Comment