Wednesday, July 27, 2011

bring your daughter to work day

Yesterday morning I decided to take Britton to work with me to meet everyone. My co-workers have seen the hundreds of pictures I display of Britton, heard the stories, seen the videos on my iPhone, but none have met Britton in person. I figured it was about time Britton get a little field trip of sorts. Despite my intentions of getting there a little late so as to give everyone time to get to work first, we arrived earlier than normal for me. Britton and I went downstairs to the restaurant and had breakfast together. Memaw met us there and we went up to my floor to introduce Britton.

It cracks me up how shy she is, at least until something gets her talking. The thing this time was a calendar which contained a picture of cows. She turned to me and said, "Mommy! Cows! Moooooo!" She also ran into and out of the cubicles, trying to find pictures of people's dogs. See, everyone I work with owns at least one dog - seriously, there are 17 dogs owned by 15 co-workers. And the females of the group, since none have children, have taken to framing pictures of their dogs. Which I'm not making fun of and I totally get. And Britton loved finding these pictures and screaming, "Mommy! Puppy! Mine!"

Tracing her hand...



I hated making her go back to daycare, but I had to get back to work. On the way out Britton discovered that the escalator could be considered a ride and begged Memaw to take her up and down it. She also begged for Memaw's cell phone, but enough with the shenanigans - I still needed to make a 45 minute round trip. So we got to daycare and I took her to the playground with the other kids. As I drove off, I saw Britton playing - something I don't get to do because I'm at work when she is doing it. Her teacher saw me and waved, and now caught, I waved back and drove off. I think she really enjoyed her field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment