Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Lucky for me, Mother's Day began on Friday! The hub was stuck in horrendous traffic, so he called me to see if I could pick up Britton from daycare. Little did I know that I was getting a Mother's Day gift from Britton! Her teacher showed me the flower Britton planted for me (all by herself) and the flower painted on the pot, with each of Britton's fingerprints as a petal. Britton was beaming she was so proud of her gift. And I was so proud of her for making it and my heart just got full.




And Britton made me a card too, where the flower was placed in a box lid and they rolled marbles covered in paint over the flower. It's currently on the fridge, where it will stay until, my heart breaking, I take it down to put in my jewelry box for safekeeping.



Now, I had no dreams about breakfast in bed this morning! Truth be told, Britton would have probably eaten all my breakfast and gotten the sheets covered in bits of scrambled egg! But the hub did get her up and they conspired in their little way over my presents.

The hub had Britton bring me my gift, and she got such a kick out of having the gitftbag over her arm, like a purse. They got me a beautiful sand dollar necklace charm from James Avery.



And a dogwood flower pendant! I think of them as my calls from Virginia. And since I have a habit of playing with my necklace pendants while I'm working, I know that they will always remind me of my beautiful second Mother's Day.



Writing courtesy of the hub, artwork courtesy of the daughter.



"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." -Cardinal Mermillod

Thank you to my beautiful family for a special day. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment