Wednesday, May 11, 2011

crafty me

I've been really into sewing lately, and I think it has something to do with not being able to bake as much as I used to. My coworkers aren't interested in eating sweets and I don't want dozens of cupcakes sitting around my house, so I have found more creative projects to satisfy my need to be crafty. To that end, Jessica and I are taking advantage of having our entire families in one place at the same time, and doing a big family photo shoot when she comes to visit in June. I have hunted high and low for a cute outfit for Britton for the shoot, and I'm just coming up empty. We've decided on a blue/white/tan theme, and even my go-to for classics BabyGap has been disappointing me lately. So I figured I'd just make her a dress...



And while I'm at it, why not make Caroline a peasant top for the shoot? This fabric just grabbed me, as it is little flowers and butterflies and just seems so happy, like Caroline. She is going to wear it with jean capris.



And why put the sewing machine away then? When Grandma was over a couple of weeks ago, she put on an apron. That means Britton wanted an apron too, but we don't have a little one. So Grandma improvised and folded up a big one to put on Britton. She loved it but quickly grew tired of dragging the strings around and tripping. So, some cute cupcake fabric and pink ruffles later, I had her apron.



So what does Britton think about her mom's burst of sewing creativity? She'll get back to you when she finishes her ice cream cone...


No comments:

Post a Comment