Saturday, March 12, 2011

driving miss britton

Britton has become, how do you say, "headstrong," especially when it comes to entering and exiting the car. The hub has been out of town/held up at work a lot lately, so I end up needing to pick up Britton from daycare. And when we get home, after her pouting that the hub wasn't the one to do it, she insists that she be allowed to leave her car seat herself. Then, crawl to the front seat as I'm saying, "Let's go get Sadie! Sadie has to pee!" My neighbors must absolutely think I'm weird. But Britton will have none of it. It's only when I pretend like I am going inside the house without her (thus leaving open the possibility she might miss something phenomenally fantastic indoors) will she even consider coming out of the car.

Sure, I could drag her out or threaten, but when it comes down to it, why? Then I'm left with a kid who is mad when she didn't have to be. Like last Thursday, when Britton refused to leave the car unless allowed to crawl to the front seat, pretend to drive by gripping the steering wheel, and grab my box of tissues. Then proceed to use every single tissue to wipe her nose and smile at me while I said, "Good wipe!" Only when I threatened that she wouldn't be allowed to drive for real until she was thirty (which I'm totally standing by since nobody in Texas can drive worth a crap) and told her that Sadie really had to pee badly did she relinquish her stand. And I promised I'd let her do it again the next day. Turns out, when I told the hub about her antics the next night, he reported that she's been doing the same thing to him!


No comments:

Post a Comment