Saturday, October 9, 2010

my awesome birthday present

Technically, my birthday isn't until October 28th. But anything after 30 (heck, 25) isn't worth celebrating so I don't count down the days like I did when I was "8 and three-quarters, thank you very much." But this year, I'll be spending my birthday doing something I loathe in order to get something I love. We're closing on our new house!

It's so great. After looking since we moved here, we narrowed down towns, compared school districts and commute times, drove late at night to check noise levels and traffic, and we finally settled on Mansfield. It sits between Fort Worth and Dallas to the south, and has just the right mix of neighborhoods and commerce to be convenient, but not crowded. It also has fantastic schools, which is a must-have in our books.

So we went looking and found this house. Newly built (it's not even finished as you'll see below) it has 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 car garage, a gameroom upstairs with all the living downstairs, a huge fenced yard, and all the upgrades and amenities we like. One thing it is lacking is a pool, but we got over it since you can't live in the pool. Though believe me, the hub may have tried. We may put one in down the road. I know I said we didn't want new construction, but the resale houses were just sad. And overpriced. Cut me some slack on the pictures as they were taken on my iPhone (camera charger is in Oklahoma City) and the house is a mid-construction mess.



Iron balusters (covered in plastic to protect from paint/stain overspray)



Britton is a fan!




Huge kitchen open to the family room! No countertops, backsplash, or appliances in yet, so just use your imagination...And that thing in the center is a gigantic island with 2 levels



Master bathroom - split vanities, garden tub, huge shower with bench. Ahhh.....



Sprinkler system and sod included, just not installed yet...



This house is Britton-approved. She gives it "5 cobs" on her "corn on the cob scale" of wonderfulness. Which is a good thing since we will stay here forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment