Thursday, October 21, 2010

before we all got sick

It's not just your kid that gets sick when she attends daycare. No, it's the whole family. Grandma and I have been battling "the crud" that is making its way through our office building. It consists mostly of coughing, a headache, and general "I need a nap"-ness. The hub crawled home yesterday, succumbing to sickness though not yet fully embracing the sickness. By the way - if you see what looks like a slightly moist large pink sponge on the ground somewhere along Interstate 20, could you pick it up? That's my hub's lung. But today, on his three hour drive to Oklahoma City to meet the movers, he acknowledged that he was, in fact, sick. People, history in the making.

I loathe being sick with a passion. I use all my sick time for Britton (I know, I know - martyr alert), so when I get around to being sick I'm stuck using vacation days. And I won't because those are days for being off work and doing something awesome, not laying around high on nyquil and catching up on the Maury Povich show. So I drag myself to work and complain about being sick so that everyone around me will just wish I had stayed home already, and calls are made to HR inquiring if sick days can be donated to me. I kid, I kid. Kind of.

But before we all were sick, hacking and draining and sneezing and whatnot, we had a fabulous Sunday afternoon. And here's how that went...

(Side note - yes, I'm still using the iPhone as my sole source of photo-taking because the camera charger is still in OKC, so bear with me).

Checking out Grandma's camera...



Playing with Daddy....




Accessorizing with Aunt Jessica's gift (please notice that wild look in Sadie's eye, like the glasses are made of steak and not plastic)...

No comments:

Post a Comment