Thursday, October 14, 2010

goldilocks and the daycare

Admittedly, I think anything less than kicking the daycare biters out on their need-to-be-spanked behinds is not enough action on the part of my daycare. This lackadaisical "kids will be kids" attitude, accompanied by an overwhelming concern for the biter (because any kid who bites must apparently be going through horrendous things at home, and why am I not concerned for his well-being?!) makes me irritated with the daycare in general. But today really pushed it beyond reason.

Here is what Britton wore home from daycare...



Seriously. It's a size 12 months (she's in 24 months), and completely out of season. Okay, that's my fault for not updating her just-in-case clothes. But the daycare workers thought it better to change her into that than to keep her in her normal clothes. Why?



Apparently Britton had ravioli today for lunch. So I grabbed the shopping bag containing her clothes, waited until I got home, and opened it prepared for the worst. Because, frankly, I love the little striped shirt she was wearing and I didn't want tomato stains ruining it.


Britton didn't care how much practice it took, as long as the "Best New Roller Skater of 1970" trophy was hers...



You know what I saw when I opened that bag? This...



I dare you to find the devastating mess of ravioli that rendered her clothing completely inappropriate and downright dangerous to wear for the rest of the day today. I dare you! Because unless you look really hard, you won't see those two tiny spots of ravioli sauce on her pants.

Seriously, people. The biting? No big deal. But the ravioli.........that is cause for concern and chaos. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment