Tuesday, August 31, 2010

walking 80% of the time, 100% of the time

Today, for the first time, Britton preferred walking to crawling. She's been walking A LOT lately, but in spurts. Today, staying home with Grandma to get ready for our trip to Disney World and the Disney cruise, Britton decided she'd had enough of the whole crawling thing and walked around. She even stepped over her blanket while walking and didn't trip! She also bent down to pick up a toy while standing and didn't fall down!

We still haven't consistently put her in shoes, as I don't see a point in shoes unless I need to protect her feet. Better for walking to actually feel the ground underneath her feet. And even the daycare that claims toddlers must wear shoes "because it's regulation" (whatever that means) hasn't put her in shoes since the first day.

Now I'm crossing my fingers that the awesome new stroller we bought for our trip will be put to use! If she insists on walking everywhere, it's going to be a long day at Disney World tomorrow :) Though, at least now I can see an end in sight to Britton's knee calluses.

No pictures of her walking because I'm not quick enough to get to the camera, but here's a picture of the new stroller (not really the same, I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment