Monday, August 2, 2010

happy first birthday, britton!!!



Britton turns all of ONE YEAR OLD today! I am excited about the journey we have taken over the last 365 days, but I am also horribly nostalgic of the little baby Britton was, and I am stubborn to let her grow any more than she already has. But I can't stop it, can't make her stay frozen in time, so I have to let it go and embrace that the person she is becoming is a beautiful, smart, sometimes stubborn, always sassy, little girl.





Britton does not have her doctor's appointment until Thursday, so no stats yet. But I can tell you, the girl is tall! She has been doing well with her eating, adding meatballs, strawberries, ham, cheese, quinoa, and green beans to her very long list of "like" foods. We have not stopped the bottle for formula, but are starting to expose her to milk. Hopefully there are no tummy issues with dairy as before. Britton is so close to full-on walking, can take multiple steps without help, and can go from sitting to standing unsupported. She is talking more, saying "Dada," "Mama," "ball," "all done" (which her daycare told me about!), and a quiet sound like "daint do" for "thank you." She also notices herself in photos, and can scan through my iPhone and look at photos. I have no idea who taught her this, but I foresee a future of Apple electronics under the Christmas tree where I was certain there would be dolls. I shouldn't be too surprised, however, as she very much is her father's daughter.

Likes: Elmo phone, being tickled by Daddy, romping on our bed/in our pillows, feeding teething biscuits to Sadie, beach balls, music, my iPhone and all electronics, being outdoors, water play

Dislikes: Having her diaper changed (though if you give her a pillow for her head she'll tolerate it), snowcones, birthday cake!, chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment