Sunday, August 1, 2010

one year ago

Exactly one year ago I was laying on our blue-grey sectional sofa, with the hub sprawled across the floor, watching television. For the life of me, I have no idea what we were watching, but it was Saturday night, so it probably wasn't anything good. We had spent the early evening walking around Penn Square Mall. I even pointed out that Motherhood Maternity was having a sale, and how I couldn't buy anything because I only three weeks to wear the new clothes. Little did I know that I had less than twenty-four hours.

The hub and I stopped by Braums on the way home from the mall where I threw caution to the wind, screw my gestational diabetes, and got a junior burger and their blackberry and cream with almonds yogurt. I remember we went to the Braums on Memorial, one we rarely if ever eat at. But we did, and then went home.

And that is where, laying on that couch, at 10:31 p.m. on August 1, 2009, I stood up and my water broke. I grabbed my pants and looked at the hub and he looked at me, and I swore I just peed myself. But I didn't. And that's how it all started...

No comments:

Post a Comment