Wednesday, August 25, 2010

as i overlook the obvious

Resgined that Britton's temper tantrums and downright ornery moods meant that I was destined to be a raising a bi-polar old man who can't remember the good ole days, I set to the internet to find a reason for the personality changes. Because I can't just accept that my daughter has the personality of Paris Hilton when she realizes her diamond shoes are too tight. No brats here, I tell you. Well, as we all know, the internet is NOT where to get good information. People give their anecdotes as FACT then we are left to believe them. Supposedly if I just throw a glass of ice water into Britton's face every time she starts a fit, she'll stop immediately. That was seriously some random mom's advice.

Since I'm trying to avoid emotional abandonment and mental scarring, I decided to relax and read a favorite blog of mine: dooce.com. And wouldn't you know that she had a post about her baby teething. Britton never really had a lot of trouble with teething. We almost missed her teeth coming in in the first place.

But she has been drooling like it's nobody's business. And she has lately been preferring her motrin in an IV drip, thank you very much. And poor Winnie is being chewed like a dog toy. Hmmmmmm.......

So I looked up teething timetables because at some point, she has to get more than the six teeth she has had for months, right? Yeah, turns out molars start coming in between 10 and 14 months. She's almost 13 months old. And it all started coming together and making sense.

I don't have a baby with an antisocial personality disorder. I have a baby whose molars are crushing her will to live, who probably appreciated getting bit at daycare today because the pain in her arm distracted from the pain in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment