Thursday, May 6, 2010

the stats

We went to Britton's well baby check-up today and were surprised that there would be no shots. YES!!!! And we did get her stats. Weight - 20 lbs, 12 oz (75 - 90%), length - 29.25" (90 - 97%), and head circumference - 17.25" (25% percentile). These are all similar measurements to what she has been getting, so everything is great. And, we knew she was going to be tall.

We also got some info on Britton's "vomit sessions." See, this week Britton has been vomiting randomly, for no apparent reason, isn't running a fever, isn't acting sick. There is no rhyme or reason to it, so we've pretty much chalked it up to weird baby things. But it has been the cause of Britton being sent home from daycare, then not allowed to return for 24 hours, then a frantic rush to find alternate care, followed by Missy taking her on for the entire day (thanks Missy!), and this drama has got to stop.

It's not that I'm at the point of breaking up with my daycare. It's just that we may want different things out of life. I want my baby to go where my money goes, and my daycare wants my money without taking on the baby. We're heading to therapy, I'm afraid.

So I told Dr. K about the vomit sessions, and he said it could be acid reflux. In which case we will give her an antacid, and he will write a letter to the daycare that Britton has acid reflux and will vomit and they better get used to cleaning it up and changing her clothes and NOT calling me at work to tell me about it because she ain't no way no how being sent home. Or something to that effect. I'll let Dr. K hash out the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment