Wednesday, May 19, 2010

and for more walking

We've started taking walks in the evening after dinner so that I can guarantee that Britton gets some fresh air during the day. I know the daycare workers loathe carting eight babies out to the playground, with their sunscreen and sun hats, so I assume it doesn't happen often. Which is really a shame because pretty soon it will be too hot to even think about going outside. We've had three, count them THREE, tornado warnings in the last week, so a day off with the sun was fantastic.






Unfortunately, today it turned ugly and stormy, and we narrowly avoided a tornado developing close to our house. Britton decided to pass the time not being glued to the television set like her boring parents, but by tearing apart the latest Pottery Barn catalogue.




Action shot with her trusty side-kick...



And after she went to bed, and the threat of a tornado was gone, the hub and I ventured outside to check out the clouds. You forget how big the sky really is in Oklahoma until you look up. Once my fear was over, I could really see the beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment