Thursday, April 29, 2010

eating "solids"

A while back I bought Britton some Gerber Puffs, which resemble cereal, and "melt" in the baby's mouth. By "melt," I think Gerber means "gets soft quickly when in contact with even a microscopic drop of saliva." Britton wasn't too into them, so they stayed on the counter, next to the sippy cups that didn't interest her, and the fruit bowl that doesn't interest me. Zing!

But on Monday, when the hub picked Britton up from daycare, she had a fistful of those puffs in her hand and Mrs. H told him that Britton likes them and eats them. So I went out to Wal-Mart, which I am loathe to do but I needed craft supplies and Hobby Lobby was closed, and bought some puffs. On Tuesday, after dinner, we treated Britton to some puffs. And because I didn't see any previous eating of the puffs and we're designating the puffs as technically a "solid" food, Tuesday, April 27th is the first time Britton ate solid food. Love those loopholes.




No comments:

Post a Comment