Thursday, April 8, 2010

friday night in the big town

For the last 248 nights, I have put Britton to bed. I may not have put her to bed last, but I always put her to bed first. We have tried others doing it before, only to be met with a child that refuses anyone but her mommy to say goodnight and wish her sweet baby dreams. Tomorrow night is a night of my firsts - the first time I am not home to put my girl to bed, and my first attendance at an NBA game. The hub got Thunder tickets from work, and we are taking ourselves out for a well-deserved night on the town. Which includes a luxury drive to the game courtesy of the hub's truck, a fabulous dinner of concession stand goodies, and the lingering chance we might get broadcast on television while doing something like picking a wedgie. But we so need this night out, so despite my fears that I will stare at my cell phone the entire game, scared I won't hear it ring in case of an emergency, we are going. And, like moms did when I babysat, we have cleaned the house and bought our sitter snacks and goodies. Because we can't let Ms. H think we're anything less than spotless or that we subsist off of half-and-half, condiments, and take-out.

So at least I will have this montage of my girl to sneak peeks at during the game, courtesy of my awesome, it-doesn't-get-easier-to-use iPhone...







No comments:

Post a Comment