Sunday, April 18, 2010

sitting like a big girl

Last Saturday the hub went to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to help his parents move across town. Since they've helped us move 500 times, sometimes half way across the country, the hub was more than willing to help. But I stayed home since taking care of a baby in a sea of moving boxes isn't much fun for anyone involved. And Britton and I ventured out to the grocery store, just the two of us. Normally the hub will push her in the stroller while I push the grocery cart, and we'll tag team on getting items. But with just me, the stroller and cart was out of the question, and I don't trust balancing the car seat on top of the cart. So, for the first time ever, Britton rode in the grocery cart seat!



And this weekend the hub's parents made it up for a day visit, so we all went out to dinner (after the hub and I had our escape trip to Kohl's and Hobby Lobby sans teething bad-mood baby). We tried out a new place - Othello's, classic Italian, and had Britton in her car seat propped next to the table. But she didn't want to lean so far back and tried to unsuccessfully join our conversation. So I took her out of the car seat and put her in the high chair. First time we've done this in the restaurant! She and Grandma then spent the meal playing Britton's new favorite game called "I-throw-my-toy-on-the-floor-and-you-pick-it-up-for-me."



Needless to say, we are in desperate need of picking up a seat cover. I'm not a germ-phobe, but temporary seating for children tends to be, how do you say, crusty. And not well-cleaned. And I fear that the kid who sat in it before her was one of those kids that picks his nose and smears the jackpot on everything around him. All while drooling sticky Kool-Aid and Little Debbie snacks.

And because cute pictures of my offspring never get old, enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment