Friday, August 14, 2009

is it Friday already?

Twelve days old...

We had another pediatrician appointment yesterday to check on Britton's weight. She now weighs 7 pounds, 12 ounces, which means she gained five ounces from last week. That's ok, but not great, as they would like her to be at birth weight (8 pounds, 4 ounces) by two weeks of age. Turns out that her fussy period around 11:00 p.m. is her telling us she isn't getting enough to eat at night. Starting at 5:00 p.m., she starts chowing down for the night, eating every two hours. By 11:00 p.m., I don't have anything left. So, last night the hub gave her a bottle of my breastmilk. She woke up a little over an hour later for some more, then she sacked out for the next four hours!

Her weight is in the 60th percentile, her length (still 20.75 inches) is in the 70th percentile, and her head (13.5 inches) is in the 25th percentile. Jessica assures me that babies grow at varying rates, and that these are normal.

Speaking of Jessica, she sent me a beautiful gift! Here is a necklace she gave me, complete with a "B" monogram and peridot birthstone. I love it and wear it every day. Thanks again Jessica!



We went to Edmond Hospital today for a jaundice test. She didn't cry when they pricked her heel! I did warn the tech that if Britton cried, I would cry, so maybe Britton heard me and decided to avoid the embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment