Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday fun

Britton and I have had a great week. The days blend together, I don't know the date or even care, and that's fine with me. My days are taken over by Britton's eating habits, which aren't really habits yet. She eats every two hours during the day, except when the clock strikes 4:00 p.m. Then, it's whatever happens happens. She grazes, eats every hour, then cluster feeds as much as she can, followed by dozing off. Other times she's wide awake and easily entertained by the ceiling fan. I don't complain. I relish holding her as she falls asleep, watching her dream, or whatever babies do when they sleep. What is it exactly babies dream about? I don't resent the needs she has, as I know that too soon she will push me away in her independent twos, and completely ignore me as a teen. She lets me hold her as much as I like, and I'll take it.

Nights are going great. She takes a bottle (about 2.5 ounces) of breastmilk at 11:00 p.m. and sleeps until about 3:30 a.m. Last night she slept until 4:00 a.m., then back up at 7:00 a.m.

She still keeps her hands near her face when she's sleeping, just like in utero.




And here she is after her bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment