Thursday, August 20, 2009

the third wedding anniversary

Yesterday, August 19th, was my third wedding anniversary. It was also Britton's original due date, so we figured if anything we'd be getting two celebrations! It doesn't feel like I've been married three years. Should it feel like a long time? Because it doesn't. Over the last three years we've moved countless times, changed jobs, bought and sold houses, found Sadie, and had a baby. Not bad! I love my hub so much, and seeing him as a daddy for the last eighteen days has made me fall in love with him all over again, in a new way. We're best friends, partners in crime, and together we even make going to the grocery store fun.

We had agreed not to do presents, but of course that didn't happen. I got the hub the new "Fast and the Furious" movie, blue-ray edition, and what did he get me? A beautiful David Yurman necklace with peridot, our daughter's birthstone. Needless to say, I underspent.

No comments:

Post a Comment