Sunday, February 11, 2018

WVU auction time!

 As ya'll know, I donate at least one quilt each year to WVU College of Law's Public Interest Advocates (PIA) auction (see previous donations and more info here).  I can't find a post from last year or the year before, which means I probably just donated quilts from my Etsy shop.  This year, I found my favorite bandana/paisley WVU fabric back in stock, and it was meant to be that I would make a WVU baby quilt!  I had also just made the "Salt Spray" pattern from my February issue of "American Patchwork and Quilting" magazine (yes, I still subscribe to magazines, and yes, a quilting magazine is one of my many subscriptions, which makes me about 80 years old), and the pattern is a real show-stopper.


The gold and navy fabrics are mostly scraps, both patterned and solids.  The variety lends so much depth to the quilt, and gives it interest.


In keeping with my WVU-colored theme, I whipped up a fun Union Jack pillow too!  It was quick to make (and came together perfectly with English paper piecing precision), and is zippered for easy removal.  It features the same backing fabric as the quilt, and the same Kona gold fabric as the binding ("Corn Yellow").



I also threw in a pink/yellow/green quilt that hadn't sold in the more than two years its been listed on Etsy.  It is an adorable baby quilt, so hopefully someone snatches that up too!





No comments:

Post a Comment