Thursday, January 28, 2016

barrett's first haircut


Barrett got his first in-salon haircut last Saturday!  I've tried to post this multiple times, but it seems Safari and Blogger aren't playing nice, so I'm behind.  Above is Barrett's "before" picture - flowing locks, which I love, but usually result in waiters asking me what "she" will be drinking.  I don't much care either way about that, but we're heading to Disney World next week and while the length is fine in wintry Pennsylvania, not so much in humid Florida.  So Britton and I took Barrett to the salon for his haircut.


 Memaw has trimmed Barrett's hair for us before, so he wasn't completely unaware of what was happening.   But he wasn't so sure of the chair that moved up or the cape or the spray bottle of water aimed at his face.  Luckily, the stylist Michelle was patient and told Barrett everything she was doing, trying to get him excited.  He wasn't, but he did sit there quietly and let her get it done.



And just like that, it was over!  She offered to blow dry his hair since it was freezing outside, but Barrett doesn't like loud noises so I passed on that.  And he was in heaven when he got a sticker AND a lollipop!   Now dry, his hair has a medieval knight look, and I've taken to calling him King Arthur.  All in good fun!  He's ready for Disney World!

"Yes, I was in Sword in the Stone.  Why do you ask?"

No comments:

Post a Comment