Monday, August 18, 2014

apparently it's summer


We've had the oddest summer this year, and I can squarely blame it on the weather.  We haven't reached 90 degrees at all.  A couple of nights last week we had to set the heater - THE HEATER - because the low was going to be in the 40s.  Blame global warming, blame the jet stream, whatever you like.  All I know is that I'm glad I didn't waste a ton of money on a pool membership this year!

So if we're not at the pool or running through the sprinklers, what is there to do over the summer?  Well, you could sit in the dog's bed with an Elmo phone...


Or put those swim diapers to use as hats...



You could take a bath every night to wash off all that dirt and grime.  Because believe you me, without scorching summer temperatures, we've been able to play outside every night after dinner.  These cool temperatures aren't necessarily a bad thing!

You finished with that Rapunzel doll?  Can I play with her now?

No comments:

Post a Comment